Saturday, 28 April 2012
Lazy days - Friday 27 & Saturday 28 April
Spent most of Friday recovering from the night before. Got up around 7:30am to go downstairs for breakfast and say goodbye to a few people I didn't see the previous night. Spent more of the day in bed; snoozing, reading or watching tv. Told the room service maids that they didn't need to clean the room at around 1:30pm. Got up and changed at 3:00 and made my way around Montparnasse and did a little bit of shopping - some more Chanel body oild and hair spritz; as mentioned, I can't get them in Australia and often have to order the hair spritz from Strawberry.net when it's available. New Chanel lipstick I've had my eye on also and some more scarves from Monoprix - sort of like an upmarket version of Kmart - that I can wear over the next few weeks.
Went back to the hotel, dozed on and off from about 5:00 until 6:30pm; when I thought I had betters get something to eat as I hadn't eaten since breakfast in the morning. All week I had been dying to be in jeans, runners and shirts but, i dressed up, (more so than normal as I felt I needed to be after being in the pouring rain, wind and mud for 8 or 9 days, I am surprised that I am not sick with the cold or flu!) and bumped into Will, the Historian from the tour. We went out for dinner down the road, where one the waiters remembered me from when I tried to order my food in French last week and, at the time, was extremely helpful. So I was surprised that he did remember me well after a week of travelling outside Paris.
Got back to the hotel about 9:00pm and flaked out on the bed; exhausted from the tour ;)
Saturday (today) was spent moving hotels, organising my laundry (I have no jeans left and haven't had a pair for several days and have had to wear a pair of black work slacks. No comfy shirts either and had to wear a work blouse for most of the day. As my room wasn't ready at the new hotel, I ended up walking around the circuit at the top of the avenue where I am staying and bought a woollen top and woollen cardigan. The woman in the shop was quite helpful, particularly as I am a larger person, clothes shopping in Paris was a bit of a daunting prospect - I am already one for not doing clothes shopping at the best of times and usually loathe it! Made several phone calls to people back in Australia - I am not homesick at the moment, but I do miss some freinds' voices and had a nice lunch of jambon and melon and a salad of tomato and mozzarella.
Went to another restaurant for dinner. This time, the one I first went to when I first arrived in Paris. The waiter there also remembered me and shook my hand to say hello and asked me about what I had been doing over the past 2 weeks. Tried my very basic French on him again, he complimented my on my "beautiful pronunciation of French" (what is it with French men? Lol!) and then walked off back to the new hotel, where I've spent most of the evening.
Spent the rest of the day either cleaning shrapnel from Polygon Wood - coca-cola does do wonders - as it was the first time since being in Europe I knew that I was somewhere stable and long enough to do it. I also spent a lot of time (quite a fair few hours) updating my travel blog, as I have had some troubles over the past few days with Google Blogger and being timed out from my hotel wi-fi connection.
Must get going to bed now, as I have to be up very early in the morning as i will be off to Euro Disney for the day. I have to be at Rue Pyramides by 7:45am in the morning!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment