Thursday, 19 April 2012

Day 2 - Paris - Wednesday 18 April

Today, I had a bit of a lie in and got up at about 9am. Ate breakfast; I have been surprising myself that I have been eating quite a fair bit the past few days!

I wanted to see the Du Bussey exhibition that is currently on at the Musee D'Orsay and travelled across via the Metro in the morning. By the time I arrived, it was after 11am and there was a massive queue that would have been well over an hour and a half long. I am normally patient, however, still feeling a bit tired from the jet lag, I decided that I wasn't going to wait that long, so I ended up catching a hop-on, hop-off bus and took in the local sights.

The bus ride was several hours long and I sat up on the upper deck most of the time, in the freezing cold. Saw the Arc De Triomphe, Place De La Concorde, Assemblee Nationale, The Louvre (not the inside), Place Vendome, Les Invalides and the Eiffel Tower; amongst other places. Stopped off at Notre Dame and walked back into the Latin Quartier and ended up at a Greek Restaraunt, where I had moussaka, dolmades and tzatiki.

Couldn't eat it all, but the owner and his son, kept asking me if I would like to join them in the evening for live music and dancing. The son (who was really good looking!) asked if I wanted to dance with him in the evening!!!! :) I would have probably gone back later in the evening (and another nap when I got back to the hotel before dinner!), but had commitments with my Battlefields tour group to meet for the first night's dinner at the hotel - which I ended up not eating much of the dinner provided as I was still stuffed from lunch earlier in the day. I ended up meeting people from the tour group - there are two buses, and whilst most of the people on the tour are a lot older, there are a few of us in our 30's. Met people from Perth, Cairns, Alice Springs, Darwin and Canberra.

No comments:

Post a Comment